How do I know if I have a carbon monoxide leak?

Carbon-Monoxide-DetectorDo I have a carbon monoxide leak?

Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. It has no taste or smell and is invisible, which makes it incredibly difficult to detect by your natural senses alone.

Unfortunately, the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are a little like flu. This makes most people suffering with carbon monoxide poisoning think they have just caught a bug and they often don’t seek help.

Carbon monoxide is everywhere. It is expelled from you car exhaust, your boiler, your refrigerator and your gas fire just for starters. These fumes are usually harmlessly expelled by adequate ventilation, and dispersal systems such as chimneys and the flue on your boiler. However, when these malfunction fumes can escape into your home and have potentially fatal results.

The symptoms

If you start to experience flu-like symptoms that come and go or worsen at different times of the day, call us on 01923 254173 to come and inspect your home immediately. We would also recommend installing a CO detector in your home as a matter of course.