Every landlord has to provide a Gas safety certificate to their tenants by law annually. At Allserve Heating & Plumbing, we perform these gas safety checks for hundreds of landlords and letting agents every year. Gas safety Inspections are essential to make sure that all gas appliances within a property are safe and conform to national safety standards. If a landlord does not comply with this requirement, and a fault leads to death from carbon monoxide poisoning through a faulty appliance, the landlord can be charged with manslaughter. Failure to produce a safety certificate (CP 12) can result in prosecution, a fine, invalidation of property insurance and even in extreme cases, loss of life.
A landlord’s gas safety certificate must be given to a tenant within 28 days of issue, and the tenant should keep their copy for two years from the date of testing.
Gas safety inspections consist of the checking of the following appliances:
- Gas fired boilers
- Central heating systems
- Gas fires
Our engineers are Gas Safe registered and fully qualified in working on gas appliances
Allserve engineers will attend your property and fully test of the appliances using the latest technology. Our instruments can detect even minor fluctuations in carbon monoxide levels so that you can be sure your property is safe.
As part of your gas safety check, our engineers will test the following:
- Check for gas leaks on your central heating system
- Perform a ‘tightness test’ on your gas meter to make sure there are no leaks
- Check Co2 (carbon monoxide) levels on your boiler flue
- Check that your flue location is correct and conforms to British Standards
- Check your gas hob location and clearances conform to British Standards
- Make sure your gas hob and/or oven is functioning correctly
- Check your gas fire to make sure it is lighting properly and that there are no leaks
- Check your chimney with a ‘smoke test’ to make sure there is adequate ventilation for your gas fire
- Check to make sure the space around your boiler is properly ventilated
- Check the working pressures on your system
Upon successful completion of the gas safety check, you will be provided with a complete and professional certificate containing the property address, engineer’s name, gas safe number and details of the inspection. This will be sent to you via email or in the post immediately providing that there are no issues that need to be remedied. If there are any problems, we will endeavour to correct these immediately, either whilst on site or by arrangement.
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01923 254173 to arrange a gas safety check or to arrange remedial works on a failed gas appliance.
If you have a blocked sink or toilet, it is always tempting to go to your local shop, pick out the most powerful drain cleaner you can find, and throw it down the affected plug hole.
This is extremely risky and can be dangerous. Firstly, powerful drain cleaners are made of sulphuric acid and can actually destroy the drain itself. We often find waste systems warped and with holes because the customer decided to use an acid based drain cleaner.
Secondly, the fumes given off by these drain cleaners are extremely powerful and harmful. Chemicals like sulphuric acid react with other chemical such as bleach and bathroom cleaner. Mixing them can create a chemical reaction that can kill. If you have a blocked sink, you should immediately call a plumber who will be able to explore the problem and safely remedy the situation. Do not take unnecessary risks. Contact us today to fix the problem safely and quickly.
Brand new GENUINE Kitchen Sink Strainer Waste by McAlpine with Stem-ball fitting. Fast same working day despatch. ITEM CODE: BWSTSS-TOP
||£0.01 GBP In Stock
|| Out of Stock
Do I have a carbon monoxide leak?
Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. It has no taste or smell and is invisible, which makes it incredibly difficult to detect by your natural senses alone.
Unfortunately, the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are a little like flu. This makes most people suffering with carbon monoxide poisoning think they have just caught a bug and they often don’t seek help.
Carbon monoxide is everywhere. It is expelled from you car exhaust, your boiler, your refrigerator and your gas fire just for starters. These fumes are usually harmlessly expelled by adequate ventilation, and dispersal systems such as chimneys and the flue on your boiler. However, when these malfunction fumes can escape into your home and have potentially fatal results.
If you start to experience flu-like symptoms that come and go or worsen at different times of the day, call us on 01923 254173 to come and inspect your home immediately. We would also recommend installing a CO detector in your home as a matter of course.
Kidde 10 Year Carbon Monoxide Alarm Digital -7DCOC
Kidde 7DCOC 10 Year Carbon Monoxide Alarm with digital display. The display shows live CO
levels in the environment and with the latest sensitive sensor technology provides ideal
protection against carbon monoxide leaks.
- Continuously monitors for the presence of deadly Carbon Monoxide in the home providing a
constant protection against its effects
- Digital display that continuously displays CO levels detected
- Battery operated detector (batteries included)
- Test / Reset button and LED to allow simple verification of alarm operation
- Loud 85db piercing alarm function
- Sensitivity: 30ppm (parts per million) CO gas
- 10 year warranty
- Kitemarked to BSEN 50291:2010 and CE Marked
- Supplied with base plate for simple installation, or can be free standing
||£18.64 GBP In Stock
|| Out of Stock
Release date June 17, 2018.